OGA Level 2 Combined Guides/Outdoor First Aid 18hr Course Special Offer Residential (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
Over three and half intense days in a residential environment you will learn and be assessed for your Outdoor First Aid qualification and the Level 2 Guides certificate ( OGA) . The course is not for the novice and will be physically challenging; including riding and incident scenarios, navigation skills and assessments. This is two courses joined into one and because of the level of challenge your previous experiences and knowledge will be assessed before your place is confirmed. Please contact us to discuss this further.
£290pp. excluding Food and Accomadation
First Aid Element:
This First Aid course for those who participate or lead medium to higher risk activities in remote places (more than 30 minutes
• Guidance on current best practice and legislation
• Assessments of situations and casualty
• Airway, breathing and circulation assessments
• Emergency resuscitation (including use of AED's)
• Safe airway positions
• Dealing with choking
• Treatment of severe bleeding and shock
• Major injuries, including chest, head and pelvic injuries
• Treatment of fractures
• Environmental injuries such as hypothermia and hyperthermia
• Life threatening conditions such as heart attack, asthma, diabetes, strokes, seizures, burns and anaphylactic shock
• Injury management in an outdoor situation
• Incident management scenarios
• Long term care of a casualty in remote areas.
• Moving and carrying a casualty
• Decision tools for evacuation
Level 2 Guide: Commercial Guide providing Adventures in developed countries within Europe
1. Pre-Ride planning
2. Able to assess riders needs and abilities
3. Check weather conditions and make judgments on the forecast
4. Plan a ride to suit the needs of the group, single or multiple days
5. Able to use GPS systems/ Maps
6. Able to give a clear and precise Pre-Ride Brief to Standard
7. Confident and positive group management skills
8. Documentations requirements and organisational procedures
9. Duty of Care
10. Customer Care
11. Incident Management
12. Understands Access in the relevant locations of operations.
13. Understands their role and how to manage Level 1 Run Leaders
14. Understands Multi-day advenutres and how to set appropriate distances and expectations for the group.
15. Understands Guided and Self Guided forms of advenutre and how to manage them efectively.
69 hours 40 minutes
OGA Commercial Guide and First Aid Combined CourseTo be confirmed