Thu, 08 Jun|
Sweetlamb Advetnture Bike Acadamy ( KTM
OGA Guide level 2 ( commercial ) and 18hr Remote First Aid Course. BOOKING NOW CLOSED!
A 4 day course that will complete your OGA Level 2 Guides and First Aid at work certificate in one course (Remote and motorcycle specific skills included).
Time & Location
08 Jun, 12:00 – 11 Jun, 16:30
Sweetlamb Advetnture Bike Acadamy ( KTM , Glanrhyd, Pantmawr, Llanidloes SY18 6SY, UK
About The Event
Please read this carefully - Prerequisites to attend this course:
• You will be comfortable/ competent riding unsurfaced tracks Green Lanes on a bike of your choice.
• You are competent to follow a GPX track provided to you via email/ Bluetooth on a device of your choosing- commonly used: a smart phone/ dedicated GPS like a Garmin Montana.
NB. The Level 2 Course is aimed at people who have previous expereince who can ride and navigate competantly- These skills will not be taught on the course.
Over four days you will be trained and assessed for your Outdoor First Aid qualification and the Level 2 Guides Certificate ( OGA) . This course is spread over four days to accommodate the extensive sylabus. The four-day courses are often considered the better option because it gives a greater duration to master your new and developing skills.
£400pp. excludes Food
Accomadation is available at the venue.
Thursday arrival at 12 noon will commence our 18 hr First Aid Course for Remote Motorcycle Guides. A very practical course that is aimed specificaly at the incidents expereinced on motorcycle adventures.
Saturday is the start of the OGA Level 2 Guides ( commercial) course, initially building based finishing with an evening trail ride- Sunday is your day to put into practice the skills and techniques we have shared, this is a fun day on the bikes where you will get to navigate and guide throughout the day.
The course is delivered in a kinaesthetic style, with the emphasis on easy decisions at difficult times.
First Aid Element Competencies:
This First Aid course for those who participate or lead medium to higher risk activities in remote places (more than 30 minutes
- Guidance on current best practice and legislation
- Assessments of situations and casualty
- Airway, breathing and circulation assessments
- Emergency resuscitation (including use of AED's)
- Safe airway positions
- Dealing with choking
- Treatment of severe bleeding and shock
- Major injuries, including chest, head and pelvic injuries
- Treatment of fractures
- Environmental injuries such as hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Life threatening conditions such as heart attack, asthma, diabetes, strokes, seizures, burns and anaphylactic shock
- Injury management in an outdoor situation
- Incident management scenarios
- Long term care of a casualty in remote areas.
- Moving and carrying a casualty
- Decision tools for evacuation
Assessment will be ongoing for all the above subjects- we will look for understanding and/or skills once the subject has been taught.
Level 2 Guide: Commercial Guide providing Adventures in developed countries within Europe
- Pre-Ride planning
- Able to assess riders needs and abilities
- Check weather conditions and make judgments on the forecast
- Plan a ride to suit the needs of the group, single or multiple days
- Able to use GPS systems/ Maps ( please note this skill will not be taught as its a pre- requisite)
- Able to give a clear and precise Pre-Ride Brief to Standard
- Confident and positive group management skills
- Documentations requirements and organisational procedures
- Duty of Care
- Customer Care
- Incident Management
- Understands Access in the relevant locations of operations.
- Understands their role and how to manage Level 1 Run Leaders
- Understands Multi-day advenutres and how to set appropriate distances and expectations for the group.
- Understands Guided and Self Guided forms of advenutre and how to manage them efectively.
Assessment will be ongoing for all the above subjects- we assess for understanding and/or skills to be demostrated effectively-once the subject has been taught.
Your riding and naviation skills are pre-requisites to join the course, however these abilities will be assessed as a holistic skills combined with the guiding skills you have lerned on the course. Your ability to navigate, ride and guide a group anywhere in developed countries is essential for the Level 2 award.
£400 per person .